My Shop Items

Thursday, February 7, 2008

What Next?

As you know, I have been working on my photos for my Etsy shop, and hoping to do a show in the near future. My biggest problem right now is figuring out how the heck to choose which pictures I should be listing in my shop. I have lots that I like, some that I love, and a whole stack that my mother hates. One of her least favorite of my photos is the one that everyone else seems to like:

This was quite an unexpected picture when I took it. I wasn't really thinking in great detail about how it would look later on in black and white, or even the composition or any of that technical mumbo jumbo. I loved this tree when I saw it, and I took the picture. That's pretty much how my best pictures happen. Yeah, by accident. You see... I don't walk around with light meters and bags of equipment or anything, just me and my camera, and a tripod when it's convenient. I get what I get, and I work from there. I know I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to photography, there are plenty more people who better know all of the specifics, but sometimes... well, sometimes you just get lucky.

No comments: