My Shop Items

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Drawing


Well, after quite a long respite, I decided to pick up and start drawing again. I did some aceos, but those can't really be considered in the same catagory. Admittedly, the little cards I did are quick and meant to be inexpensive, so I didn't put a lot of time in on them. My drawing, on the other hand, took a little longer. I'm less than thrilled with the results. I was hoping I could have something worth putting up for sale, and I feel like I've fallen far short. Ah well, practice makes perfect. In any case, I am posting my drawing for the eyes of the world to critique. You don't have to be gentle, because after all, you can't say anything worse than what I've already said...

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Not bad for not drawing in a long time! Of course you'd pick one of the hardest things to draw. lol The only thing I'd say, is you need a few more highlights (maybe it's just the scan here) but it seems like there'd be a few more brighter areas like the buckle would have more lights and darks if it's metal. I love those little tufts of hair on top and the ears are done very well too. The whole horse looks very accurate and good but it seems like you cut his nose a little short.

Joanne said...

Here's my rendition of theory for Illustration Friday. LOL

Anonymous said...

Drawing relieve you from so much stress.